Wednesday 7 November 2007

Beginnings - Dublin

Would like to start off my first proper post - in Dublin: Hatch Street, to be precise, because it was in Hatch Street, that I first made my presence known to the world. My first cousin was born in the same hospital just two days before me, and my aunt (and my cousin) and my mother (and me) were in rooms next door to each other. Besides the fact that I was born with long hair (and so looked, I am told, like a girl) I know nothing more about Hatch Street. And I haven’t been back since.
The only other thing I can tell you about Hatch Street, in fact, is that it is in the old, Georgian part of Dublin. Dublin has many things to recommend itself. One of those being Georgian Dublin. In fact Dublin contains some of the best examples of Georgian architecture anywhere in the world. Not only big buildings, but more importantly, lots of Georgian streets and squares. And Dublin is particularly well-known for the doors on its Georgian terraced houses.
I love Dublin. Not because I was born there or because it has wonderful Georgian architecture but because of its people, history and atmosphere (to be explored and, hopefully, brought to life, over subsequent posts).

E. Mahony of jobs.spotlightideas.co.uk

No comments: